Fun with Ventriloquism

I was telling a friend over the weekend about this big ventriloquism post I've been working on. She automatically assumed when I said "ventriloquism" that it was going to be for my Horrors of it All blog. But no, it might be a little bit creepy, but it's definitely more at home here at AEET. It's funny to me how things created for children like dolls, stuffed animals, and clowns can morph into the stuff that nightmares are made of... and I'll agree, most of the art and photos featured in Fun with Ventriloquism by Alexander Van Rensselaer (Garden City Books / 1955, illustrations by John Barron) can indeed be seen as scare material to some; but let's try to venture back with an open mind, to a time when big headed, glassy-eyed puppets were intended to be just a handful of non-horrific, re-animated kiddie fun.
























You have read this article with the title Fun with Ventriloquism. You can bookmark this page URL http://lopgji.blogspot.com/2012/08/fun-with-ventriloquism.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Fun with Ventriloquism"

Post a Comment