Phoenix Visitor '52

The frigid weather here in STL makes me wish I was currently in a much warmer climate, just as much as I wish I could go back to another time era, like say the 1950's.  And man, if I had the time machine technology to do so, I'd totally set the coordinates to Phoenix AZ, the week of Jan 4th - 11th, 1952 (I know, I know, it's only January 3rd today, but I like to have a day to plan out my travels through time!) This Phoenix Visitor's Guide / Tourist's Magazine published by Bruce A. Ogilvie in the 50's will definitely come in handy for finding all the things necessary to make this getaway a winner. Hmmm, corned beef at Herman's, or maybe a broiled lobster at The Saratoga after a day of antiquing sounds good, also a rejuvenating dip in a hot mineral well at Buckhorn Baths-- I just hope I'm not too relaxed to keep my eyes open that night at the Indian Drive-In for The Son of Dr. Jekyll! And if I have half as much fun in AZ as the miniature people fantastically illustrated in these ads are having, you know I'll be back for more!













You have read this article with the title Phoenix Visitor '52. You can bookmark this page URL https://lopgji.blogspot.com/2013/01/phoenix-visitor.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Phoenix Visitor '52"

Post a Comment