Gene Foote: St. Louis Illustrator

A recent trip to a Maplewood antique mall produced this cool discovery: an original pencil/ink illustration by fellow St. Louisian Gene Foote. The seller info attached mentioned simply that Foote worked in the 50's and 60's as a commercial artist for the local newspapers (and Anheuser-Busch), and is now unfortunantly deceased. I fell in love with this illustration the second I saw it, and it was super affordable too so I couldn't resist:



(Pencil and ink on 9" x 12" Cold Pressed Illustration Board with handwritten pencil note on back: "Salesmen Never Miss An Appointment... Taking Care of Everything at Once.")

I can't seem to find any info online about Gene Foote, and I'd sure love to see more of his stuff. If anyone knows anything at all about Gene or this illustration (and how or where, or if it was even used), please let me know-- thank you!
You have read this article with the title Gene Foote: St. Louis Illustrator. You can bookmark this page URL https://lopgji.blogspot.com/2010/06/gene-foote-st-louis-illustrator.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Gene Foote: St. Louis Illustrator"

Post a Comment