Merry Makings

I can't remember how old I was when I first found this tiny 6'' x 3'' Betty Crocker recipe pamphlet folded-up and mixed in with my mother's cookbooks. Needless to say, she possibly never even baked anything from this 24-page explosion of great 60's design because once in my hands she was doomed to never get it back. This kind of thing is just as appealing to me as any comicbook or trip to the carnival, and for some reason I'm an insatiable sucker for fantastically illustrated characters from this era interacting with photos of delicious real foods. And as you can see, the recipes themselves take a backseat as each page here is expertly layed out, bursting with warm stylized imagery, and gorgeously clever color and typography choices... though speaking of clever, how can you not want to eat something with names like Funny-Side-Up Pie, Crazy-Quilt Bread, Chucklet Cake, Whirly Giggles, Tickled Pinks, Slap Sticks, or Zany Babas?) I've posted the entire pamphet here and apologize for the scan quality as it is very old and brittle, and as mentioned lived a few years in a state of folded torture. If anyone is adventurous enough to make any of these tasty treats, please let us know about it in the comments.

Happy Entertaining!
























You have read this article with the title Merry Makings. You can bookmark this page URL https://lopgji.blogspot.com/2010/06/merry-makings.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Merry Makings"

Post a Comment