Cookin' with-- Soda Pop!

I wasn't aware of food recipes that included popular soft drinks as an ingrediant until I moved back to STL a few years ago. Having stumbled upon Orange Crush and Mr. Pibb flavored cakes at the local Shop 'n Save bakery, I imagined this was some new "midwestern thing," but the two booklets I have featured here today from 7-Up (1953) and Dr. Pepper (1965) prove otherwise... and whether you actually utilize some of these recipes for your next feast, or just want to enjoy the fabulous design of the booklets themselves (and the gorgeous old soda bottle designs) is of course Up to you.






And now for you Dr. Pepper fans:






+++++++++++++++++++
I like 7-Up and Dr. Pepper, but I'm more of a Mountain Dew fanatic myself... below is a cover image from the "Hillbilly Party Book" put out by the makers of Mountain Dew in the 60's or 70's. Has anyone ever seen this, or have a copy they're willing to part with? I've been searching for it for years without much luck, and any help in tracking down a copy is very much appreciated-- thank you!

You have read this article with the title Cookin' with-- Soda Pop!. You can bookmark this page URL https://lopgji.blogspot.com/2010/08/cookin-with-soda-pop.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Cookin' with-- Soda Pop!"

Post a Comment