Southern Comfort

You can't really go anywhere here in St. Louis, MO without a constant visual reminder everywhere of how this great city I call my home is also the home of the "King of Beers" (aka Anheuser-Busch.) So it was surprising for me to learn that in my 40+ years, I somehow never even knew that the hard lickin' Southern Comfort Corp also brewed it's medicine here. Not that I really give a hoot, because if you know me personally then you also know I care about whiskey about as much as I care about beer, or any other type of liquor. But what I do like is this super stylish Southern Comfort pamphet from 1960, the colorfully evocative paintings and typography that highlight these boozer concoctions almost make this teetotaler want a sip (I wouldn't mind a taste of those Schuss-Sizzlers either!) Bottom's up!







You have read this article with the title Southern Comfort. You can bookmark this page URL http://lopgji.blogspot.com/2010/07/southern-comfort.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Southern Comfort"

Post a Comment